Details of the type of governing document the charity has and when it was established. It is not the full text of the charity's governing document.
MEMORANDUM AND ARTICLES OF ASSOCIATION INCORPORATED 2ND MARCH 1978 AS AMENDED BY SPECIAL RESOLUTION PASSED 25 MARCH 1992 AND 30 APRIL 2003 AND 14 MAY 2003
AS REGISTERED AT COMPANIES HOUSE ON 19/06/2015
THE OBJECTS ARE SPECIFICALLY RESTRICTED TO THE ADVANCEMENT OF EDUCATION AND THE ADVANCEMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION OR IMPROVEMENT FOR THE PUBLIC BENEFIT IN ANY PART OF THE WORLD BY:
(1) PROMOTING THE CONSERVATION OF BIOLOGICAL AND OTHER NATURAL RESOURCES ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD; IN PARTICULAR BY, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE RESTORATION AND MAINTENANCE OF SPECIES, HABITATS AND FUNCTIONING ECOSYSTEMS; SCIENTIFIC MANAGEMENT OF ASSURANCE POPULATIONS; ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION;
(2) ADVANCING THE UNDERSTANDING AND PROMOTING THE BENEFITS OF NATURE FOR SOCIETY, HUMAN HEALTH, WELLBEING AND QUALITY OF LIFE; AND TO ENCOURAGE PARTICIPATION OF INDIVIDUALS, COMMUNITIES AND WIDER SOCIETY IN THE CONSERVATION OF BIOLOGICAL AND OTHER NATURAL RESOURCES AND THE ENVIRONMENT;
(3) PRACTISING AND PROMOTING ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AND SUSTAINABILITY AS AN EXEMPLAR AND THROUGH CAMPAIGNING AND ADVOCACY;
(4) UNDERTAKING AND SHARING THE RESULTS OF RESEARCH, MONITORING AND EXPEDITIONS; AND PROVIDING OPPORTUNITIES FOR SCIENTIFIC EDUCATION AND TRAINING; AND
(5) MAINTAINING AND DEVELOPING A ZOOLOGICAL PARK AS A PLACE OF LEARNING AND ENJOYMENT AND ADVANCING THE HUSBANDRY, WELFARE AND CONSERVATION OF ANIMALS.
Area of benefit
The area the charity can operate in, as set out in its governing document.