Details of the type of governing document the charity has and when it was established. It is not the full text of the charity's governing document.
CONSTITUTION ADOPTED 5 JUNE 2004 AS AMENDED 1 APRIL 2006 AND 16 JUNE 2007.
1) TO ADVANCE THE EDUCATION AND TRAINING OF THE SOMALI COMMUNITY WITHIN COVENTRY AND THEIR DEPENDANTS IN NEED THEREOF, SO AS TO ADVANCE THEM IN LIFE AND ASSIST THEM TO ADAPT WITHIN A NEW COMMUNITY.
2) THE PROVISION OF FACILITIES FOR RECREATION OR OTHER LEISURE TIME OCCUPATION IN COVENTRY AND IN PARTICULAR BY NOT EXCLUSIVELY THE SOMALI COMMUNITY, FOR PERSONS WHO HAVE NEED OF SUCH FACILITIES BY REASON OF THEIR YOUTH, AGE, INFIRMITY OR DISABLEMENT, FINANCIAL HARDSHIP OR SOCIAL OR ECONOMIC CIRCUMSTANCES IN THE INTERESTS OF SOCIAL WELFARE WITH THE OBJECT OF IMPROVING THE CONDITIONS OF LIFE.
3) THE RELIEF OF UNEMPLOYMENT OF THE MEMBERS OF THE SOMALI COMMUNITY IN COVENTRY, BY THE PROVISION OF VOCATIONAL AND SKILLS TRAINING, ADVICE AND SUPPORT.
4) THE PROMOTION OF RACIAL HARMONY IN COVENTRY FOR THE PUBLIC BENEFIT BY PROMOTING KNOWLEDGE AND MUTUAL UNDERSTANDING BETWEEN DIFFERENT RACIAL GROUPS, AND IN PARTICULAR BUT NOT EXCLUSIVELY BETWEEN PERSONS FROM SOMALIA LIVING IN COVENTRY AND THE WIDER COMMUNITY.
5) THE RELIEF OF POVERTY, SICKNESS AND DISTRESS, AND THE ADVANCEMENT OF EDUCATION IN SOMALIA.
Area of benefit
The area the charity can operate in, as set out in its governing document.