Details of the type of governing document the charity has and when it was established. It is not the full text of the charity's governing document.
MEMORANDUM AND ARTICLES INCORPORATED 15/01/2008
AS AMENDED BY SPECIAL RESOLUTION(S) DATED 21/05/2010
AS AMENDED BY CERTIFICATE OF INCORPORATION ON CHANGE OF NAME DATED 10/11/2015 as amended on 31 Oct 2019 as amended on 20 Oct 2020
4 THE CHARITY'S OBJECTIVES ARE FOR THE PUBLIC BENEFIT, WITHOUT DISTINCTION OF GENDER, ETHNICITY, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, DISABILITY, POLITICAL, RELIGIOUS OR OTHER OPINIONS, AND IN PARTICULAR FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE INHABITANTS OF SOUTH BIRMINGHAM TO:
1. PROVIDE AND ASSIST IN THE PROVISION OF FACILITIES FOR INFORMAL EDUCATION, RECREATIONAL AND OTHER LEISURE PURSUITS AND INFORMATION IN THE INTERESTS OF SOCIAL WELFARE AND WITH THE OBJECT OF IMPROVING THE CONDITIONS OF LIFE OF THE SAID INHABITANTS, ESPECIALLY CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE AND THEIR FAMILIES;
2. PROVIDE FOR THE NEEDS OF ELDERLY PEOPLE IN SOUTH BIRMINGHAM BY THE PROVISION OF ACTIVITIES, SUPPORT AND INFORMATION, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE PROVISION OF BUILDINGS AND/OR LAND FOR USE ON FAVOURABLE TERMS;
3. PROVIDE FOR THE NEEDS OF YOUNG PEOPLE AND ADULTS WITH DISABILITIES IN SOUTH BIRMINGHAM BY THE PROVISION OF ACTIVITIES, SUPPORT AND INFORMATION, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE PROVISION OF BUILDINGS AND/OR LAND FOR USE ON FAVOURABLE TERMS;
4. THE PRESERVATION AND PROMOTION OF GOOD HEALTH AND WELLBEING FOR THE GENERAL BENEFIT OF THE INHABITANTS OF SOUTH BIRMINGHAM;
5. THE PROVISION OF INFORMATION RELEVANT AND USEFUL FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE LOCAL COMMUNITY.
Area of benefit
The area the charity can operate in, as set out in its governing document.