Details of the type of governing document the charity has and when it was established. It is not the full text of the charity's governing document.
MEMORANDUM AND ARTICLES INCORPORATED 07 SEP 2010
AS AMENDED BY SPECIAL RESOLUTION(S) DATED 30 DEC 2010
AS AMENDED BY SPECIAL RESOLUTION(S) DATED 24 AUG 2016
AS AMENDED BY CERTIFICATE OF INCORPORATION ON CHANGE OF NAME DATED 03 FEB 2017
1. TO ADVANCE THE EDUCATION OF THE PUBLIC WITH BURMA-FOCUSED LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES THAT WILL, IN PARTICULAR, ENABLE THEM TO INVESTIGATE, QUESTION AND EVALUATE THE SITUATION IN BURMA.
2. TO DEVELOP THE CAPACITY AND SKILLS OF MEMBERS OF THE BURMESE COMMUNITY IN SUCH A WAY THAT THEY ARE BETTER ABLE TO IDENTIFY, AND HELP MEET, THEIR NEEDS AND TO PARTICIPATE MORE FULLY IN SOCIETY.
3. TO PROMOTE HUMAN RIGHTS (AS SET OUT IN THE UNIVERSAL DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS AND SUBSEQUENT UNITED NATIONS CONVENTIONS AND DECLARATIONS) AND TO ADVANCE THE EDUCATION OF THE PUBLIC IN THE SUBJECT OF HUMAN RIGHTS IN BURMA.
4. TO PREVENT OR RELIEVE POVERTY IN BURMA AND OF REFUGEES FROM BURMA.
5. TO ADVANCE THE EDUCATION OF THE PUBLIC IN THE SUBJECT OF BURMA’S MANY CULTURES, HERITAGE AND ARTS.
6. TO ENGAGE IN ANY OTHER CHARITABLE ACTIVITY AS THE TRUSTEES SEE FIT THAT SUPPORTS PEOPLE FROM BURMA.
Area of benefit
The area the charity can operate in, as set out in its governing document.