Details of the type of governing document the charity has and when it was established. It is not the full text of the charity's governing document.
MEMORANDUM AND ARTICLES INCORPORATED 29 MAY 2012
THE OBJECTS OF THE CHARITY ARE:
- FOR THE PUBLIC BENEFIT TO PROMOTE EDUCATON (INCLUDING SOCIAL AND PHYSICAL TRAINING OF MUSLIMS IN INDIA IN SUCH WAYS AS THE CHARITY THINKS FIT, INCLUDING BY:
(1) AWARDING SUCH SCHOLARSHIPS, MAINTENANCE ALLOWANCE OR GRANTS TO MEET THE EXPENSES IN RESPECT OF GETTING EDUCATED AT ANY UNIVERSITY, COLLEGE OR INSTITUTION;
(2) PROVIDING THEIR EDUCATION, TO UNDERTAKE TRAVEL IN FURTHERANCE OF THAT EDUCATION OR TO PREPARE THEM FOR EMPLOYMENT, VOCATION, OCCUPATION, TRADE OR PROFESSION ON LEAVING ANY EDUCATIONAL ESTABLISHMENT.
- TO DEVELOP THE CAPACITY AND SKILLS OF THE MEMBERS OF THE MUSLIM COMMUNITY OF INDIA IN SUCH A WAY THAT THEY ARE BETTER ABLE TO IDENTIFY, AND HELP MEET THEIR NEEDS AND TO PARTICIPATE MORE FULLY IN SOCIETY.
- THE RELIEF OF FINANCIAL HARDSHIP, EITHER GENERALLY OR INDIVIDUALLY OF MUSLIMS LIVING IN INDIA BY MAKING GRANTS OF MONEY FOR PROVIDING OR PAYING FOR ITEMS, SERVICES OR FACILITIES.
- OFFER SUPPORT TO THE CHARITABLE WORK OF ZAKAT FOUNDATION OF INDIA AND ITS STATED VISION, GOALS AND OBJECTIVES BUT THE SUPPORT TO BE SUBJECT TO THE WORK PLANS OF THE ZAKAT FOUNDATION OF INDIA ADHERING TO THE FOLLOWING:-
(1) GIVING PRIORITY TO DOCUMENT ARRANGEMENTS FOR THE DELIVERY OF THE CORE ACTIVITY; AND
(2) DOCUMENT ARRANGEMENTS FOR THE DELIVERY OF THE STRATEGIC SERVICE PLAN;
(3) NOT FALLING OUTSIDE OF THE LEGAL GOALS OF THE CHARITY;
(4) DOCUMENTING A CLEAR AND IDENTIFIABLE BENEFIT TO THE INDIAN MUSLIM COMMUNITY;
(5) BEING REALISTIC, REASONABLE AND IN ALL OTHER WAYS JUSTIFIABLE.