Details of the type of governing document the charity has and when it was established. It is not the full text of the charity's governing document.
MEMORANDUM AND ARTICLES INCORPORATED 17/04/2012 as amended on 15 May 2019
THE UNION'S OBJECTS (THE OBJECTS) ARE THE ADVANCEMENT OF EDUCATION OF STUDENTS AT THE UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHAMPTON FOR THE PUBLIC BENEFIT BY:
1) PROMOTING THE INTERESTS AND WELFARE OF MEMBERS AT THE UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHAMPTON (THE UNIVERSITY) DURING THEIR COURSE OF STUDY AND REPRESENTING, SUPPORTING AND ADVISING MEMBERS;
2) BEING THE RECOGNISED REPRESENTATIVE CHANNEL BETWEEN MEMBERS AND THE UNIVERSITY AND ANY OTHER EXTERNAL BODIES;
3) PROVIDING SOCIAL, CULTURAL, SPORTING AND RECREATIONAL ACTIVITIES AND FORUMS FOR DISCUSSIONS AND DEBATE FOR THE PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT OF ITS MEMBERS;
4) PROMOTING AND FACILITATING STUDENTS' INVOLVEMENT IN THEIR WIDER COMMUNITY; AND
5) RAISING FUNDS FOR OTHER CHARITABLE ORGANISATIONS
Area of benefit
The area the charity can operate in, as set out in its governing document.