BROMLEY CHILDREN AND FAMILIES VOLUNTARY SECTOR FORUM
Charity number: 1153545
Charity reporting is up to date (on time)
Details of the type of governing document the charity has and when it was established. It is not the full text of the charity's governing document.
CIO - Association Registered 27 Aug 2013
TO PROMOTE THE VOLUNTARY SECTOR WHICH IS ESTABLISHED TO PROMOTE THE INTERESTS
OF CHILDREN, YOUNG PEOPLE AND / OR FAMILIES FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE PUBLIC IN THE
LONDON BOROUGH OF BROMLEY BY:
(1) LIAISING BETWEEN CHARITIES, VOLUNTARY ORGANISATIONS, GOVERNMENT AGENCIES AND
OTHER GROUPS ON RELEVANT ISSUES;
(2) PROVIDING TRAINING, CONFERENCES AND SEMINARS ON SUBJECTS RELEVANT TO THE
EFFICIENCY OF THE VOLUNTARY SECTOR;
(3) IDENTIFYING NEEDS IN THE VOLUNTARY SECTOR AND ESTABLISHING PROJECTS OR POLICIES
TO ADDRESS THEM;
(4) ASSISTING IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF FUNDING PROGRAMMES TO CHARITIES AND
VOLUNTARY ORGANISATIONS, MONITORING FOR GRANTS, RECOMMENDING GRANTS, ASSISTING
IN APPLICATIONS FOR GRANTS;
(5) PROVIDING INFORMATION TO THE PRESS AND THE PUBLIC ON THE OPERATION OF, OR
PROBLEMS ENCOUNTERED BY, THE VOLUNTARY SECTOR;
(6) PROVIDING SERVICES SUCH AS LEGAL, ACCOUNTANCY AND MANAGEMENT ADVICE
SERVICES TO THE VOLUNTARY SECTOR;
(7) PROVIDING ADVICE AND INFORMATION ON FUND-RAISING TECHNIQUES APPROPRIATE FOR
VOLUNTARY ORGANISATIONS AND CHARITIES;
(8) ACTING AS A REPRESENTATIVE OF THE VOLUNTARY SECTOR IN RELATION TO GOVERNMENT
POLICIES AND LEGISLATION.
‘THE VOLUNTARY SECTOR’ MEANS CHARITIES AND VOLUNTARY ORGANISATIONS.
• CHARITIES ARE ORGANISATIONS, WHICH ARE ESTABLISHED FOR EXCLUSIVELY CHARITABLE
PURPOSES IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAW OF ENGLAND AND WALES.
• VOLUNTARY ORGANISATIONS ARE INDEPENDENT ORGANISATIONS, WHICH ARE ESTABLISHED
FOR PURPOSES THAT ADD VALUE TO THE COMMUNITY AS A WHOLE, OR A SIGNIFICANT SECTION
OF THE COMMUNITY, AND WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED BY THEIR CONSTITUTION TO MAKE A
PROFIT FOR PRIVATE DISTRIBUTION. VOLUNTARY ORGANISATIONS DO NOT INCLUDE LOCAL
GOVERNMENT OR OTHER STATUTORY AUTHORITIES.
Area of benefit
The area the charity can operate in, as set out in its governing document.