Details of the type of governing document the charity has and when it was established. It is not the full text of the charity's governing document.
CIO - Foundation Registered 23 Aug 2013 as amended on 13 Aug 2019
• To advance and sustain an education and training programme based at Lira University, Lira regional referral hospital and Lira University hospital designed to improve the health care of the people of, Uganda and in particular Lira
• To sustain an ongoing programme to bring healthcare professionals from Uganda to the UK for observation and training placements
• To work closely with other agencies and organisations such as THET, Bournemouth University and other Wessex Links to promote improvements in healthcare, education and research at Lira University, Lira regional referral hospital and Lira University hospital
• To support the development of healthcare facilities including the provision of medical equipment to enhance healthcare facilities at Lira University, Lira regional referral hospital and lira University hospital
• To advance and sustain education and training programmes and the development of health care facilities (including the provision of medical equipment) at such places as the Trustees may decide in other African countries
• Following our long term involvement with Wau teaching hospital and schools of nursing in Wau, this link is now on standby due to the political instability of the country and the resulting potential dangers to visiting staff. We are committed to retain a close contact with our medical colleagues and the ministry of Health in South Sudan.
• To continue to support the work of Sister Gracy though the Mary Help School of nursing and her feeding programme in Wau.
Area of benefit
The area the charity can operate in, as set out in its governing document.
IN PARTICULAR BUT NOT EXCLUSIVELY FOR THE PEOPLE OF SOUTH SUDAN