Details of the type of governing document the charity has and when it was established. It is not the full text of the charity's governing document.
CIO - ASSOCIATION Registered 18 Oct 2016 as amended on 19 Jun 2018
1. THE PROMOTION OF THE PUBLIC BENEFIT OF URBAN OR RURAL REGENERATION OF AREAS OF SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC DEPRIVATION, PARTICULARLY IN FERRYHILL BY ALL OR ANY OF THE FOLLOWING MEANS:
- THE ADVANCEMENT OF EDUCATION, TRAINING OR RETRAINING PARTICULARLY AMONG UNEMPLOYED PEOPLE AND PROVIDING UNEMPLOYED PEOPLE WITH WORK EXPERIENCE
- THE MAINTENANCE, IMPROVEMENT OR PROVISION OF PUBLIC AMENITIES
- THE PROMOTION OF PUBLIC SAFETY AND THE PREVENTION OF CRIME
2. TO FURTHER OR BENEFIT THE RESIDENTS OF FERRYHILL:, WITHOUT DISTINCTION OF SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, RACE OR OF POLITICAL, RELIGIOUS OR OTHER OPINIONS, BY ASSOCIATING TOGETHER THE SAID RESIDENTS AND THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES, VOLUNTARY AND OTHER ORGANISATIONS IN A COMMON EFFORT TO ADVANCE EDUCATION, AND TO PROVIDE FACILITIES IN THE INTERESTS OF SOCIAL WELFARE FOR RECREATION AND LEISURE TIME OCCUPATION WITH THE OBJECTIVE OF IMPROVING THE CONDITIONS OF LIFE FOR THE RESIDENTS.
IN FURTHERANCE OF THESE OBJECTS BUT NOT OTHERWISE, THE TRUSTEES SHALL HAVE POWER:
TO ESTABLISH OR SECURE THE ESTABLISHMENT OF A COMMUNITY CENTRE AND TO MAINTAIN OR MANAGE OR CO-OPERATE WITH ANY STATUTORY AUTHORITY IN THE MAINTENANCE AND MANAGEMENT OF SUCH A CENTRE FOR ACTIVITIES PROMOTED BY THE CHARITY IN FURTHERANCE OF THE ABOVE OBJECTS.'