Details of the type of governing document the charity has and when it was established. It is not the full text of the charity's governing document.
CIO - FOUNDATION Registered 28 Mar 2018
TO PROMOTE HUMAN RIGHTS (AS SET OUT IN THE UNIVERSAL DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS AND SUBSEQUENT UNITED NATIONS CONVENTIONS AND DECLARATIONS) THROUGHOUT THE WORLD BY ALL OR ANY OF THE FOLLOWING MEANS:
· MONITORING ABUSES OF HUMAN RIGHTS;
· OBTAINING REDRESS FOR THE VICTIMS OF HUMAN RIGHTS ABUSE;
· RELIEVING NEED AMONG THE VICTIMS OF HUMAN RIGHTS ABUSE;
· RESEARCH INTO HUMAN RIGHTS ISSUES;
· PROVIDING TECHNICAL ADVICE TO GOVERNMENT AND OTHERS ON HUMAN RIGHTS MATTERS;
· CONTRIBUTING TO THE SOUND ADMINISTRATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS LAW;
· COMMENTING ON PROPOSED HUMAN RIGHTS LEGISLATION;
· RAISING AWARENESS OF HUMAN RIGHTS ISSUES;
· PROMOTING PUBLIC SUPPORT FOR HUMAN RIGHTS;
· PROMOTING RESPECT FOR HUMAN RIGHTS AMONG INDIVIDUALS AND CORPORATIONS;
· INTERNATIONAL ADVOCACY OF HUMAN RIGHTS;
· ELIMINATING INFRINGEMENTS OF HUMAN RIGHTS.
IN FURTHERANCE OF THAT OBJECT BUT NOT OTHERWISE, THE TRUSTEES SHALL HAVE POWER
TO ENGAGE IN POLITICAL ACTIVITY PROVIDED THAT THE TRUSTEES ARE SATISFIED THAT THE PROPOSED ACTIVITIES WILL FURTHER THE PURPOSES OF THE CHARITY TO AN EXTENT JUSTIFIED BY THE RESOURCES COMMITTED AND THE ACTIVITY IS NOT THE DOMINANT MEANS BY WHICH THE CHARITY CARRIES OUT ITS OBJECTS.