Details of the type of governing document the charity has and when it was established. It is not the full text of the charity's governing document.
CONSTITUTION ADOPTED ON THE 26TH JANUARY 2002.
THE OBJECTS OF WIA ARE FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE INHABITANTS OF WATFORD AND THE SURROUNDING AREA ("THE AREA OF BENEFIT") AND IN PARTICULAR FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE THOSE HABITANTS WHO ARE INDIAN OR OF INDIAN DESCENT:
1. ADVANCING EDUCATION;
2. RELIEVING THOSE WHO ARE IN CONDITIONS OF POVERTY, SICKNESS AND DISTRESS OR WHO ARE OTHERWISE IN CHARITABLE NEED IN THE UNITED KINGDOM AND OVERSEAS.
3. PROMOTING AND PROTECTING AND PRESERVATION OF PUBLIC HEALTH;
4. PROMOTING RACIAL HARMONY;
5. PROVIDING AND ASSISTING IN THE PROVISION OF FACILITIES FOR EDUCATION, RECREATION AND OTHER LEISURE-TIME OCCUPATION IN THE INTEREST OF SOCIAL WELFARE AND WITH THE OBJECTS OF IMPROVING THE CONDITIONS OF LIFE OF THE SAID INHABITANTS;
6. FURTHERING SUCH OTHER CHARITABLE PURPOSES AS THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MAY THINK FIT.
Area of benefit
The area the charity can operate in, as set out in its governing document.