Details of the type of governing document the charity has and when it was established. It is not the full text of the charity's governing document.
CONSTITUTION ADOPTED 11 MAY 2002 AS AMENDED 13TH FEBRUARY 2008
1. TO PROVIDE RELIEF FOR REFUGEES AND THEIR DEPENDANTS LIVING (TEMPORARILY OR PERMANENTLY) IN DEVON AND THE SURROUNDING AREA WHO ARE IN CONDITIONS OF HARDSHIP OR DISTRESS
2. TO PRESERVE AND PROTECT THE PHYSICAL AND MENTAL HEALTH OF REFUGEES AND THEIR DEPENDANTS
3. TO ADVANCE THE EDUCATION AND TRAINING OF REFUGEES AND THEIR DEPENDANTS IN NEED THEREOF SO AS TO ADVANCE THEM IN LIFE AND ASSIST IN THEIR REHABILITATION WITHIN A NEW COMMUNITY
4. TO ADVANCE THE EDUCATION OF THE PUBLIC IN GENERAL ABOUT THE ISSUES RELATING TO REFUGEES AND ASYLUM SEEKERS
5. THE PROVISION OF FACILITIES FOR RECREATION OR OTHER LEISURE TIME OCCUPATION WITH THE OBJECT OF IMPROVING THE CONDITIONS OF LIFE OF THOSE PERSONS WHO HAVE NEED OF SUCH FACILITIES BY REASON OF THEIR YOUTH, AGE, INFIRMITY OR DISABLEMENT, POVERTY OR SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC CIRCUMSTANCES.
Area of benefit
The area the charity can operate in, as set out in its governing document.