Details of the type of governing document the charity has and when it was established. It is not the full text of the charity's governing document.
MEMORANDUM AND ARTICLES INCORPORATED 15/06/2004
AS AMENDED BY SPECIAL RESOLUTION(S) DATED 21/09/2004
AS AMENDED BY CERTIFICATE OF INCORPORATION ON CHANGE OF NAME DATED 24/09/2012
1. THE RELIEF OF FINANCIAL HARDSHIP AMONGST THOSE GRANTED REFUGEE STATUS AND THEIR DEPENDANTS LIVING (TEMPORARILY OR PERMANENTLY) IN PLYMOUTH AND SURROUNDING AREA.
2. TO ADVANCE THE EDUCATION AND TRAINING OF THOSE GRANTED REFUGEE STATUS AND THEIR DEPENDANTS IN NEED THEREOF SO AS TO ADVANCE THEM IN LIFE AND ASSIST THEM TO ADAPT WITHIN A NEW COMMUNITY.
3. TO ADVANCE THE EDUCATION OF THE PUBLIC IN GENERAL ABOUT THE ISSUES RELATING TO REFUGEES AND THOSE SEEKING ASYLUM.
4. THE PROVISION OF FACILITIES FOR RECREATION OR OTHER LEISURE TIME OCCUPATION WITH THE OBJECT OF IMPROVING THE CONDITIONS OF LIFE OF THOSE PERSONS WHO HAVE NEED OF SUCH FACILITIES BY REASON OF THEIR YOUTH, AGE, INFIRMITY, OR DISABLEMENT, FINANCIAL HARDSHIP OR SOCIAL OR ECONOMIC CIRCUMSTANCES.
5. THE RELIEF OF UNEMPLOYMENT OF THOSE GRANTED REFUGEE STATUS AND THOSE SEEKING ASYLUM IN THE UNITED KINGDOM , AND IN PARTICULAR PLYMOUTH AND SURROUNDING AREA, BY THE PROVISION OF VOCATIONAL AND SKILLS TRAINING, ADVICE AND SUPPORT.
6. TO DEVELOP THE CAPACITY AND SKILLS OF THE MEMBERS OF THE SOCIALLY AND ECONOMICALLY DISADVANTAGE COMMUNITY OF REFUGEES AND THOSE SEEKING ASYLUM AND WHO RESIDE IN PLYMOUTH AND SURROUNDING AREAS IN SUCH A WAY THAT THEY ARE BETTER ABLE TO IDENTIFY, AND HELP MEET, THEIR NEEDS AND TO PARTICIPATE MORE FULLY IN SOCIETY.
Area of benefit
The area the charity can operate in, as set out in its governing document.