Details of the type of governing document the charity has and when it was established. It is not the full text of the charity's governing document.
MEMORANDUM AND ARTICLES INCORPORATED 13/10/2010
AS AMENDED BY SPECIAL RESOLUTION REGISTERED AT COMPANIES HOUSE ON 27/10/2013
TO PROMOTE SOCIAL INCLUSION FOR THE PUBLIC BENEFIT BY WORKING WITH PEOPLE IN WHO ARE SOCIALLY EXCLUDED ON THE GROUNDS OF THEIR ETHNIC ORIGIN, RELIGION, BELIEF OR CREED (IN PARTICULAR, MEMBERS OF THE SOMALI COMMUNITY) TO RELIEVE THE NEEDS OF SUCH PEOPLE AND ASSIST THEM TO INTEGRATE INTO SOCIETY, IN PARTICULAR BY:
1. PROVIDING A LOCAL NETWORK GROUP THAT ENCOURAGES AND ENABLES MEMBERS OF THE SOMALI COMMUNITY TO PARTICIPATE MORE EFFECTIVELY WITH THE WIDER COMMUNITY;
2. INCREASING OR CO-ORDINATING, OPPORTUNITIES FOR MEMBERS OF THE SOMALI COMMUNITY TO ENGAGE WITH SERVICE PROVIDERS TO ENABLE THOSE PROVIDERS TO ADAPT SERVICE ;
3. PROVIDING EDUCATION AND INFORMATION TO SUPPORT AND ENABLE THE SOMALI COMMUNITY TO MAXIMISE EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES;
4. RAISING PUBLIC AWARENESS OF THE ISSUES AFFECTING THE SOMALI COMMUNITY AND THEIR CHILDREN, BOTH GENERALLY AND IN RELATION TO THEIR SOCIAL EXCLUSION;
5. PROVIDING DEVELOPMENT SUPPORT, FORUMS, ADVOCACY AND GENERAL SUPPORT TO BETTER MEET THE NEEDS OF THAT COMMUNITY.